Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Art of Dumpster Diving.

Often times, Americans are just too lazy to deal with a gift they have received that they don't fancy or an outdated TV set from last year, so they take it to the pawn shop or give it to a friend, right? WRONG! They toss it in the dumpster! Sometimes, even the most consumer driven amongst us feel a little guilty about throwing something of value away, so they place it on TOP of the dumpster(or beside it). This way, some poor, unfortunate creature might find it and actually use it. Just seeing that new toaster mom and dad bought me to go away to college with missing from where I put it atop the dumpster makes me feel a whole lot less guilty-someone is putting it to good use! ( I tried to tell them I had to have a FOUR slice toaster. I'm in a hurry! Am I supposed to wait for bread to toast? Besides, Burger King is right around the corner-- they make breakfast...what do I need a toaster for?)

No comments: